These days, the inverter welders are the latest welding machines on the market and they are also the most popular. These are available in smaller sizes, so less power is required in comparison to the typical welders. If you are planning to buy one of these welders, then continue reading this article.
One of the reasons why inverter arc welder are popular amongst welders is the fact that they are extremely flexible and can be plugged into 220v outlets to use at home.
Where you can find cheap welders
You can find inverter welders for sale online and offline, but the cheaper prices can be found online. Generally, the inverter welders will be sold retail at prices that would start at a few hundred dollars up to a thousand. To get the best deals online, you can check places such as:
- Local classified listings
- Most of these inverter welders are designed with features to enhance the starting and give a softer finishing.
- An inverter arc welder will be extremely efficient since it has the power to run around 140 amps from a 13 amp supply that is 204V. With excellent cycles, you could enjoy welding on higher settings over an extended time period.
- Most inverter welders are ideal for TIG welding. The expensive types usually come with high frequency settings for TIG start welding.
- Generally, these welders weigh less than ten kilograms so they are lightweight, small and very portable.
- An inverter welding machine can use the regular household current.
Some of the pros and cons of buying inverter arc welders:
Inverter welders will not be the ideal solution for everyone for a number of reasons.
- The machine can operate off a low voltage current based on the high-tech and delicate electronic components. So, when you buy one of the inverter arc welders for sale, this will give you a unit that is relatively fragile and you will pay more per amp. This means that in the long run, you could spend more for servicing. In comparison, a regular welder has simple internal features that are not easy to break and could be built cheaper.
- A traditional welder is going to cost less overtime and will be more reliable
- In terms of electronic features, inverter welders are complicated so it will cost a lot to do repairs.
- The inexpensive models are very sensitive and lack the protection that is needed when there is interference in the input voltage.
Generally speaking, inverter welders will be the ideal machine if you are doing arc welding for the first time. Even if buy one of the cheapest units, you will be able to weld nicely. However, it is important to point out that the cheap machines are built with cheaper components which are not durable.